Tuesday, June 09, 2009

forgiveness

I am wondering how the Pastor at my church can justify his stance of non forgiveness for two people who fell in inappropriate love. Both were very lonely. One is married. Sad. Both are sorry and have confessed and been forgiven by the Lord.
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Matthew 6:14-16
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
What is it that seems to allow (in their own minds) christians to take this judgemental stance when the bible clearly has an opinion on the subject? I assume that this Pastor accepts that he might not be forgiven his sins if he takes this route. I must admit, I am confused.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home